Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Timing is Everything

When I look back on falling for Anna I realize, I fell pretty hard. Generally, I know better. The younger version of me would have held back more, well maybe. This is Anna after all...

A lot of it was, and is, that she is freaking amazing! That spiritual connection thing we had, too, was pretty amazing. Since my current relationships were long established and full of old relationship energy (ORE) PRE/NRE was something that I hadn't experienced for a long, long time. Of course, she seemed really into me at the time too, that helped.

But, there was one more thing...timing.

Not long ago I turned 60. Those of you who are over 30, remember when you turned 30?

Sixty is 30 x 2 and I am not just talking about math. There is this little voice that goes off with aging that says, "maybe this will never happen again. Maybe I need to feel the crap out of this. Maybe I will never, ever, have anything this astounding, in this way, happen in my life again."

I didn't remember hearing that voice directly at that time. I don't think it was driving me. But, I can't deny it might have been there...

There was another timing issue that turned out to be much bigger than I first imagined. I had my kids very young. So I am at the grandkids stage. She had her kids later in life. Though she is not a whole super lot younger than me, she's younger and at a much different place in life. I have time and she is super busy and well...

Timing is everything.

< Previous post in this thread | Next >

No comments:

Post a Comment