Sunday, November 6, 2022

Norms


Sunday, November 6, 2022: This morning I pulled The Hierophant. In my opinion the Hierophant is about orthodoxy and compliance with cultural "norms". But, not all that’s considered “normal” is good or healthy. Some norms protect people and others oppress people. Many cultural norms are more for economic expediency than the benefit of the people. Just less than 200 years ago slavery was considered normal. The taboos about purity, the institution of marriage and the nuclear family may be more about providing a stable workforce and a mechanism for deciding inheritance than anything else. When looking at cultural norms the most important question may be, why is this considered “normal?” The Messenger says, “some norms are long overdue for disruption.”
--
As always when I speak of life, love and Tarot I speak only for myself. This reading is part of my Divination/Manifestation Practice.

The Hierophant is from The Modern Love Tarot, by Ethony
The Messenger is from The Next World Tarot, by Cristy C. Road 

No comments:

Post a Comment