Saturday, November 19, 2022

The Tender Touch


Saturday, November 19, 2022: “Don’t confuse the map with the territory,” that’s a term a teacher of mine used a lot. Today I pulled the lovers, again. The term lover is a label. For me labels are maps. When someone says another person is a lover what does that mean, really? What’s the sorting hat? Sex? Does that mean mean asexuals can’t be lovers, perhaps partners even? Years ago I had a conversation with my friend Bess about a woman who was then in my life named Kathy. I referred to my relationship with Kathy. Bess said, “I didn’t know you were in a relationship with Kathy.” Clearly she meant sex as the sorting hat for defining a relationship. I replied, “I have a relationship with my dog!” Bess laughed. She and I had different maps. So I am invoking “Softly, softly the tender touch,” oracle card. I hope you’re loving your loves sweetly, no matter how you define them, no matter what maps are yours, love is love.
 --
As always when I speak of life, love and Tarot I speak only for myself. 

The Lovers is from The Modern Love Tarot, by Ethony
The “Softly, softly the tender touch” oracle card is from The Sacred Rebels Oracle, by Anna Fairchild

No comments:

Post a Comment