Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Subvert The Patriarchy


Today follows yesterday’s theme. I pulled the Emperor today. So why would I, a sishet white male, be so interested in subversion of patriarchy? Because, for starters, we can be our own oppressors.
I was not brought up like most males. My role models were my mother and my sisters. I embraced my feminine side. For some people, especially some women, that was not attractive. To others it was a superpower and it especially was when I was a single parent.
When I finally made peace with being an authentic version of myself I also embraced not caring whether that conforms with masculine or feminine expressions. I am invoking The Teacher again. In the words of the great sage Popeye the Sailor Man, “I ams what I ams and that’s alls that I ams.”
--
As always when I speak of life, love and Tarot I speak only for myself. This reading is part of my Divination/Manifestation Practice.

The Emperor is from The Modern Love Tarot, by Ethony
The Teacher is from The Next World Tarot, by Cristy C. Road

No comments:

Post a Comment