Friday, September 19, 2014

Early Married Life

My memories of the early months in my marriage with Cindy are mostly good ones. I worked a variety of odd jobs. I worked at a gas station. Sometimes Cindy would come hang out with me at the gas station. We were on midnight shifts, so we became somewhat nocturnal. Later I worked at factory making fish tanks, then the post office as a temporary. It was in this last job that I car pooled with a young black woman, who I started feeling an attraction for.

Cindy was crazy about animals and we always had them. We had a variety of pets, two kittens that died, a puppy that ate Cindy’s avocado trees and a black kitten we named Emma. Emma my car pooler asked why we named the cat after her. I said, because her eyes reminded us of you. Our pets seldom seemed to last long. I don't remember what happened to Emma the cat.

As strange as it now seems, we were trying to have a baby almost from the time we married. We hung blue boots over our bed even when we were living at my parent's house. That was totally nuts, of course, because I did not have a steady job. What was really nuts is my parents were all for the idea! It was in keeping with many of the other crazy (and/or stupid) things we did back then.

Cindy worked as a waitress for a short time. Like a fool, I got jealous of her wearing short skirts. The irony is, not too much later we discovered we enjoyed going to nude beaches. I was taking photography classes at a community college, so I took many nude photos of Cindy for my class. She had a fantastic body, especially before she had kids. Going to the nude beach was something we liked to do together.

No comments:

Post a Comment