Thursday, September 18, 2014

We got married

Cindy and I decided early on to get married. Like, within the first month we were together. We waited five months before we got married, but only because she wasn't 18 yet. We also decided we were not going to be pregnant when we got married. Yes, we took some chances before we got on the birth control. But, I went with her to Planned Parenthood. She was 17 when she went on the pill. Thank God for Planned Parenthood!

I did not have a job. That did not matter at the time. We were young and stupid. When I got my unemployment checks we would get a motel room and screwed like rabbits as she cut classes. When I did not have money we did it in her bedroom at her parent's house when her parents were at work or at Lenny and Mary's place or in the car. Cindy's mom was horrified about the whole thing (which only encouraged Cindy.) We were obviously very mature and ready for marriage and parenthood.

Cindy's mom was not quite up to speed on our relationship. She let Cindy go away with me for a weekend on the coast. I think she thought Cindy and I had not yet had sex and that I would demand sex over that weekend and that would drive Cindy away from me. When that did not happen, we had already been screwing like weasels for weeks, and her 17 year-old daughter came back happy, happy as a clam, Cindy's mom tried to actively prevent Cindy and I from seeing each other.

She forbade Cindy from seeing me. That did not work. Nothing worked from Cindy's mom's perspective.

One week day Cindy and I moved Cindy's furniture out of her bedroom, from her parents' home, and into a room in her brother Lenny and his wife Mary's cottage. We did this behind Cindy's parents' back while they were at work, in the summer of 1975. It was cheaper than motel rooms and Lenny and Mary were happy to get the rent I paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment