Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Meeting Cindy

Cindy and I were together over 16 years and had three children together. I met Cindy at a Community Colleges convention. Supposedly, it was a place for students to learn. In reality, it was a big party. At the previous year's conference I smoked pot for the first time and met a girl who said her friends called her Linda Lovelace, but that is a different story.

Cindy and I met in an elevator. I was 19 and I was not even a student. My friend Dave was, and he had a cool Ford Mustang which we drove down in.

Cindy, then 17, was in a hotel elevator telling all the convention attendees where the good parties were. She had a list of them. She had a loose fitting blouse and cute legs, so I followed her for over 16 years. We must have gone to a party together in the hotel that night.

Cindy was from a Sacramento college, where she was on the college newspaper. What happened after that is a blur. At some point Nancy-One called me on a phone and invited me to a private party for the two of us in her room. She said she had some wine. I turned her down because I had something better. That, of course, was Cindy.

I remember at some point talking Cindy into driving with me to an all-night drive-in movie, which we were both sure there must be a lot of in LA. I talked Dave out of the keys to his car and off we went! We drove around and around and ended up at a Motel. No, we didn't. She made me promise I wouldn't and we didn't. At least we didn't do that, then!

The next morning we drove back to the hotel where the convention was. Dave was livid because I had his car out all night. He told me I was on my own for getting home.

That worked out very well. Cindy was not going to leave me stranded. So, she talked her friends from Sacramento into taking me back with them. Yes, Dave kicking me out worked out very well for me.

Driving back I remember there was snow on Grapevine and part of the trip involved riding in the back of a Karmann Ghia, which Cindy called a fried egg on wheels. Oh yes, it was cramped in the back seat. Cindy and I were young and flexible so we just made out a lot.

Cindy remarked, "look what followed me home!"

No comments:

Post a Comment