Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Will


Tuesday, December 20, 2022: 
Today I pulled the Devil. I don’t believe we can stop ourselves from loving the way we love. Trying to stop ourselves from feeling what we feel, in my opinion, is pretty much futile. This applies to more than than love and sex. To paraphrase the German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer, A person can do what they will, but cannot will what they will. In other words, you can choose to do what you want, but your wants are chosen for you. Your free will is constrained. The Wiccan Rede is, “An ye harm none, do what ye will.” To me, this is all about consent and accountability. We are responsible and accountable for our actions. I believe a happier life comes from being in alignment with our wants and actions within a framework of consent and accountability. Therefore I am invoking The Carnal servitor card.
--
As always when I speak of life, love and Tarot I speak only for myself. 

This is from my divination/invocation daily practice:
The Devil is from The Modern Love Tarot, by Ethony
“The Carnal” servitor card is from The Forty Servants, by Tommie Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment