Monday, October 20, 2014

Flavors of Poly

There is always at least two sides to every story and so it is with Polyamory.

I read this on a Reddit Post on Poly and really like it. According to the poster, there is "I don't want to cheat on you poly" or "I'm just really able to love a whole lot of people poly."

In my opinion "I don't want to cheat on you poly" is circumstantial. It can be, "I am bored poly" or "I just want to see what other people are like poly." If you (or she/he) has decided you/he/she just wants to try something different there is a whole spectrum of things you can try to spice things up: including maybe trying new sex toys, maybe going to a no PDA naturist resort, maybe going to cuddle parties, maybe going to other play parties, maybe exploring "the lifestyle," all depending on both of your comfort levels and senses of adventure.

If you/he/she have/has discovered he is wired poly, then it is something both people in the relationship have to live with even if you stay together and live a mono lifestyle. This is an orientation. His/her/your emotions for others will be more than just crushes, even if you have a don't ask don't tell policy and you/he/she never acts on the emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment