Saturday, October 4, 2014

Their Divorce

When a couple in an open marriage splits up the blame is sometimes put on the open marriage. I don’t know how much, if any, of Mary and Lenny’s marriage falling apart had anything to do with their open marriage and having other lovers. I don’t think it was a major factor, and I am not saying that because Mary was a paramour.

From what Mary told me the reason of the split was because of Lenny’s unwillingness to get and hold a decent job. Not only was I her friend and occasional lover, I was kind of her marriage counsel ear. She was the only one working in her marriage that also had two kids. Their split up was amicable and they remained good friends until Mary’s death.

Decades later, Lenny and I helped Mary’s husband put on her funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment