Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Being a social justice warrior


I will never understand how being labeled a social justice warrior (SJW) became an insult. Thinking back on my years as a labor leader and a fighter for social justice and progressive causes, I am proud of what I did and the folks I was able to help. As somebody who grew up in the second half of the 20th Century, evolving from a time when being gay evolved from being considered a mental illness to embracing same sex marriage, I also resonate with woke. As in, we woke up to embracing folks and loving folks (and ourselves) as they (we) really are. We embraced sex positivity and coming out of the closet.
Today I pulled the Knight of Wands. This is the fire starter. As the forces of darkness, racism, bigotry, intolerance and hate try to put out the fire and shove folks back into the closet we need our social justice warriors more than ever, we need to be fire starters.
I am invoking Justice! Taking it to the streets. Fight hate, racism, book banning and intolerance. Be anti-fascist, be loud and be proud, be political, be a social justice warrior and be a fire starter. 
--
As always when I speak of life, love and Tarot I speak only for myself. This reading is part of my Divination/Manifestation Practice.

The Knight of Wands is from The Modern Love Tarot, by Ethony
Justice is from Next World Tarot, by Cristy C. Road


No comments:

Post a Comment