Monday, January 17, 2022

Death and Grief


Today I pulled Death. Death is the inescapable companion of life. Death is the realization of impermanence. Death comes in many forms and there are many kinds of death. Sure, there's physical death, but there's also everyday losses like the losses of innocence, trust, youth, vitality, health, friendships, loves and so, so much more.

I am invoking the Ten of Swords. I learned years ago from a dear friend and Tarot teacher who said, "there are no good or bad cards." I carry his wisdom into every reading. Grief is a necessary adjunct to Death. If we don't express our grief it's very hard to heal. Like Death, the Ten of Swords brings necessary disruption and tears. Some folks think the Ten of Swords is a "bad card" and would never choose to invoke it. But, sometimes, when we reach a nadir, the only thing there is left to do is cry. It's okay to cry. It's an appropriate reaction to Death. It's good to cry.
--
As always when I speak of life, love and Tarot I speak only for myself. This reading is part of my Divination/Manifestation Practice.

Death is from The Modern Love Tarot, by Ethony
The Ten of Swords is from The Light Seers Tarot, by Chris Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment