Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Looking Back

 


Yesterday I drew the Eight of Wands. To me this card encapsulates what the amazing photographer Henri Cartier-Bresson called The Decisive Moment. It's that moment when everything comes together: the light, the angle, the action. The photographer releases the shutter. The archer releases the arrow. Whatever the tool is. It's not something you think about. We humans have an amazing ability to extend our consciousness into things and they become an extension of us. We get the feel of them. We put just the right amount of pressure on the brake to stop the car at the red light, not short of it, not beyond it. We do this without math or calculation or thinking about it much at all really. Thinking gets in the way sometimes. It's like if you think about your feet you step on your partner's toes. So, we just dance.
Yesterday when I pulled the Eight of Wands I thought about this and the importance of invoking thought and discipline before taking action. And so, I invoked the Emperor. We need to be our own best leader in order to serve or lead others. The Emperor brings discernment, stability and authority.
This combination served me well yesterday.
----
As always when I speak of life, love and Tarot I speak only for myself. This reading is part of my Divination/Manifestation Practice.

The Eight of Wands is from The Modern Love Tarot, by Ethony
The Emperor is from The Light Seers Tarot, by Chris Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment