Thursday, January 13, 2022

Power and Focus

 


Today I drew the King of Wands. To me this is another passion card. The King of Wands is firmly in control in the realm of fire. This King is noble and he uses his energy wisely. He is generous, honest and smart and passionate in his interests and with his loves. He is focused on his goals and he knows a good thing when he sees it. He is not easily distracted by flashy.
To go with this card I am invoking The Chariot. When I think of this card I think of the allegory of Chariot, as explained by Plato. In the Phaedrus, Plato (through his mouthpiece, Socrates) shares the allegory of the chariot to explain the tripartite nature of the human soul. We are thinkers and talkers, we are spiritual beings and we are animals. For me, The Chariot card is about being focused and on the same path in all these aspects of who we are. It pairs well with the passion and focus of the King of Wands.
When I was younger and an avid bicyclist I used to ride my bicycle up and down mountains. It didn't take me long to realize the steepest mountains are the ones in our own minds.
--
As always when I speak of life, love and Tarot I speak only for myself. This reading is part of my Divination/Manifestation Practice.

The King of Wands is from The Modern Love Tarot, by Ethony
The Chariot is from The Light Seers Tarot, by Chris Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment