Monday, January 3, 2022

Love and Sex?

 


Today I pulled the Two of Cups. To me this card is about companionate love. I really felt this reading speaks to the companionate nature of Susie and my marriage. That said, I don't believe companionate love requires romance. I have seen friends, siblings and cousins who have/had beautiful companionate emotionally intimate platonic relationships. I have been in several such relationships myself. I felt for this particular reading the correct card to invoke was The Lovers. Since I was thinking of Susie and my relationship, I invoked that card with the passion we have in our marriage in mind. Again, as before, I don't believe passion requires sex or even sexual chemistry.
Lovely loving passionate emotionally intimate relationships can be emotionally and/or sexually platonic, or not.
So, what do marriages require? In my opinion that's up to the people in them, or contemplating one, to decide and nobody else.
--
As always when I speak of life, love and Tarot I speak only for myself. This reading is part of my Divination/Manifestation Practice.

The Two of Cups is from The Modern Love Tarot, by Ethony
The Lovers is from The Light Seers Tarot, by Chris Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment