Saturday, January 15, 2022

The Wheel Weaves


Today I pulled The Wheel. We like to think of the wheel as turning in a predictable motion, balancing highs and lows. In my experience it's not quite that simple. Sometimes the wheel changes direction, sometimes abruptly and goes in a totally unexpected direction in ways that can sometimes be miraculous, sometimes tragic. We plan for the direction we anticipate, knowing it can all change, knowing it can all go away. Our plans may be for naught.
“The wheel weaves as the wheel wills,” said Robert Jordan in The Wheel of Time. We play the cards we're dealt knowing that sometimes the deck gets reshuffled. The game is changed by things like a bad diagnosis, Covid, car accidents or perhaps unexpected windfalls.
I am invoking the Two of Cups. Couplehood has been on my mind and in my heart lately so that's what I am seeing. But, know — the Two of Cups is not always a card for romantic partnership. Partnership is interesting. People ask who is your partner?
We can have many partners in life. First, I believe we all need to be our own primary partner. So whether this card represents your lover(s), your family, your friend(s), companion(s) and/or your own sweet self. Be a good partner. Be there for your partner(s), all of them including yourself.
Be in love with your partner(s), no matter what the wheel weaves. And, nothing bad that can happen can erase the miracle of love.
--
As always when I speak of life, love and Tarot I speak only for myself. This reading is part of my Divination/Manifestation Practice.

The Wheel is from The Modern Love Tarot, by Ethony
The Two of Cups is from The Light Seers Tarot, by Chris Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment